Inclusive Design 24, a UK-based nonprofit association, is hosting its annual #id24 event on Sept. 20 and 21, highlighting the latest innovations and best practices when adopting a “shift left” approach to inclusive design.
The free event lives up to its name. It’s a 24-hour YouTube livestream that begins Sept. 20 at 7:30 p.m. EST and concludes the following day at 8 p.m. EST. Registration and sign-ups aren’t required.
#id24 session experts will share knowledge and best practices through an accessible platform often not experienced at a traditional conference.
Community-Based Speaker Sessions & Workshops
#id24 touches on important topics such as accessible web components, subtitles, testing, advocacy, and more. An introduction and pre-show kickoff commences on Sept. 20 at 7:30 p.m. EST.
Sessions feature some of the world’s most distinguished digital accessibility and inclusion advocates, such as InclusionHub Founding Partner Fable, a leading accessibility testing platform powered by people with disabilities.
Learn more about some of this year’s speakers and topics:
- Samuel Proulx, accessibility evangelist at Fable - This session will discuss important considerations when developing and testing new accessibility design interfaces.
- Albert Kim, lead consultant for accessibility & inclusive design at AK Digital Accessibility Consulting; and Karey Jo Wise, senior accessibility engineer at Pearson - Learn why it’s more important than ever to craft digital products for those living with mental health conditions, such as anxiety and other triggers.
- Lee Dale, CEO at Say Yeah - This session provides a deep dive into practical inclusive design approaches regarding products, services, education, and more.
- Lainey Feingold, disability rights lawyer at the Law Office of Lainey Feingold; and Kim Charlson, executive director at the Perkins Braille & Talking Book Library - Feingold and Charlson will discuss how their 25-year advocacy collaboration has helped improve accessibility for those with various types of disabilities.
- Jan Jaap de Groot, accessibility engineer, Abra - de Groot will demonstrate and highlight web accessibility testing for mobile devices.
- Lia McCabe, UX researcher & founder, AutismWish - McCabe’s session discusses the challenges people with cognitive disabilities and neurological disorders experience with digital communication platforms.
Each session features automated, live closed captioning. Note that sign language interpreters will not be available for this event.
Learn more about the Inclusive Design 24 Virtual Conference by checking out this year’s agenda and speaker roster. No registration or sign-up is required. Fable’s Accessibility Evangelist Sam Proulx, one of the event speakers, is the host of The InclusionHub Podcast, which has featured several prominent disabilities and accessibility advocates across multiple episodes. Check out the podcast!