Established in 2020 by the WordPress core Accessibility Team, WordPress (WP) Accessibility Day is hosting its annual event on Sept. 27 and 28, focusing on optimized WordPress accessibility for developers, content creators, designers, and other users.
Registration includes free access to this 24-hour livestream event. Sessions commence on Sept. 27 at 10:45 a.m. EST and conclude at the same time the following day.
This event is also pre-approved for International Association of Accessibility Professionals Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) and Certified Professional in Core Competencies (CPACC) certifications.
Sponsors include some of the most world-renowned organizations focusing on digital accessibility and inclusion.
Featured WordPress Experts & Evangelists
This year’s speakers include some of the most distinguished WordPress accessibility experts. Jennison Asuncion, co-founder of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) and the GAAD Foundation, and Joe Dolson, owner of Accessible Web Design, will lead this year’s keynote. Both will discuss how WordPress can remedy current digital accessibility challenges.
Learn more about some of this year’s speakers and topics:
- Peter Ingersoll, WordPress builder, maintainer, and trainer at Ingersoll Interactive: A practical demonstration on how to effectively build accessible WordPress pages with block editor.
- Gerson Lacdao, developer at Desert Wing Design: This session will address accessibility issues faced during email campaign lead nurturing.
- Priti Rohra, chief accessibility officer at BarrierBreak: Attendees will learn about enhanced keyboard access techniques and optimal user experience.
- Birgit Olzem, WordPress specialist, #WPDiversity advocate at CoachBirgit Media: Learn about inclusive and accessible WordPress event strategies for those living with invisible disabilities, such as ADHD, Autism, Long Covid, and others.
- Gian Wild, CEO at AccessibilityOz: Wild examines what to avoid when designing accessible content for mobile apps, devices, and wearables.
- Donata Stroink-Skillrud, president at Termageddon, LLC; and Hans Skillrud, co-founder and vice president at Termageddon LLC: This presentation will discuss steps to ensure a privacy-compliant and accessible website.
Each session features live captioning and American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation for requesting attendees. All on-demand sessions will be available—with corrected captions and complete transcripts—via the WP Accessibility Day YouTube channel.
Learn more about the WordPress Accessibility Day by checking out this year’s agenda and speaker roster. Free registration can be completed online. Contact WP Accessibility Day for additional information.